The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
On Monday, we drove to New Jersey to see our niece compete in Irish dance. My sister, brother-in-law, and parents were also there, so we had a short but wonderful family get-together. The talent of all the competitors was amazing! There was one young man whom I wouldn’t be surprised to see in Riverdance at some point, his footwork is so good. And so is Maria’s — she won the under-18 bracket, and is now CRN North American Irish Dance Solo Champion! We’re so glad we were able to be there to see her dance and win, especially since this was her comeback after being sidelined with injuries for the last year and more. We’re all very proud of her.
|Maria Jones (left), CRN North American Irish Dance Solo Champion (under-18 division) and Shannon Kossman (right; second in the under-16 division). Both study with Adrienne Bellis, owner and director of Belisama Dance.|
The rest of the week has been pretty quiet. Things have warmed up a bit, and the snow is finally melting. I actually enjoyed the snow, but I’m also pleased to see some warmer temperatures.
On Wednesday, I volunteered to cashier for the Friends of the Library mini-booksale. Business was slow, so I had plenty of time to look at books… as you can see from the pile I brought home. So much for trying to reduce my TBR pile!
The next two or three weeks promise to be very hectic (and not great for blogging.) I’ve got a 450-page indexing job due in 2 weeks, so I’ll be working a lot of long days. Rehearsals start March 2 for the choruses I direct, and there’s still quite a bit to do to prepare. And I’m looking forward to ‘Robin’ coming home in 2 weeks for spring break. I can’t wait to see her! So if it takes me a while to reply to your comments in the next few weeks, please don’t think I don’t care — I promise I’ll get to them as soon as I can squeeze in the time!
Last week on the blog:
- Tues. 2/18: Why I Love Blogging (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 2/19: The Shadow Throne, by Jennifer Nielsen (early review)
- Thur. 2/20: The Chance, by Robyn Carr (early review)
- Fri. 2/21: A Taste Fur Murder, by Dixie Lyle (early review)
- Sat. 2/22: News & Notes – 2/22/14: J. K. Rowling’s next book; L.A. Times Book Prize finalists; Apple still protesting court-ordered monitor’s authority; the Outlander and Unbroken trailers; purging your books (gasp! Oh, the horror!); and some great book lists.
The coming week:
- Mon. 2/24: The Time Tutor, by Bee Ridgway (early review & giveaway)
- Tues. 2/25: Gender in fiction
- Thur. 2/27: Curtsies & Conspiracies, by Gail Carriger (review)
- Sat. 2/22: News & Notes – 2/22/14
Added to the hoard:
(Click image for Goodreads page.)
Kindle books, purchased and free:
From the Library:
Purchased from the library booksale: