The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
I had a quiet week, mostly just indexing and working around the house. We’re in dire need of decluttering and spring cleaning for starters, but a new roof is also on the list, so I’ve been talking with our neighbor about the guys who are working on his roof. Looks like I may be enduring a lot of pounding overhead in the near future!
I went to the humongous library sale this weekend (although it wasn’t quite as humongous as a few years ago!) and came home with a big box full of books, some for me and some for Robin. I’ve already dipped into one, but most of them will go in the TBR bookcase until I make some headway on all my ARCs. (Speaking of which — the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge is coming in May. Have you signed up yet?)
I was excited to host another blog tour this week, this time for Cathy Ace’s The Corpse with the Emerald Nose. It’s the second time I’ve had a chance to interview Cathy; she’s a wonderful person and an excellent writer. The book is a mystery in the classic Agatha Christie style, and it’s very good. Thanks to the tour, I’m also giving away a copy of the book, so if you enjoy classic mysteries, don’t forget to enter!
Last week on the blog:
- Mon. 4/21/14: When We Kiss, by Susan Mallery (Fool’s Gold #13) — review
- Wed. 4/23/14: TOUR: Corpse with the Emerald Thumb (Cathy Ace) — Interview, review & giveaway!
- Fri. 4/25/14: Treasures from the Hoard: Anne of Green Gables — for the Classic YA Challenge readalong on The Midnight Garden
- Sat. 4/26/14: News & Notes – 4/26/14
- . Wanna go to Hogwarts? You can with the new MOOC. Also, The Casual Vacancy headed for TV; more people may read ebooks than we thought; some good pieces on ebooks, World Book Night, and the perennial too-many-books problem; links for Shakespeare’s birthday; and a few good book lists.
- Sat. 4/26/14: New Patrick Rothfuss book about Auri! Coming in November, and it looks fantastic!
The coming week:
- Mon. 4/28/14: The Princesses I Know (Ayla Mae Wild) — children’s picture book review
- Wed. 4/30/14: Clean Sweep ARC Challenge sign-up/goals
- Sat. 5/03/14: News & Notes – 5/03/14
- Other reviews and posts TBD
New additions to the hoard:
(Cover links go to Goodreads)
Bought in print: A bunch of books from the library sale. I’ll try to get them sorted and photographed for next week!
Bought for My Kindle:
The two Emily Castles mysteries by Helen Smith I bought with a Kindle coupon; the other three are (or were) on sale. ‘A Sweet Life’ is a box set of14 contemporary romances, proceeds of which benefit diabetes research.
Have a great week, everyone!