The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I hope you all had a happy Halloween! I got treats — my Avon Addicts box arrived Friday, with books and a tote bag and even some candy! We spent Halloween getting the house ready (yeah, I know, we’re very last-minute), including adding some solar lights along the path to the house, because people couldn’t see it in the past. We got about 20 trick-or-treaters — fewer than I expected for a Saturday night. I think the neighborhood has changed, with fewer young kids, plus a lot of people do trunk-or-treat events instead of going to the houses of people they don’t know. But we saw some great costumes, especially in the young teenage set. There was a very creative Mad Hatter.
I did pretty well with the Blog Ahead Challenge, ending the month with 22 posts scheduled for November and beyond. While it would have been nice to reach the 31-post goal, I’m pleased with what I got done.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 10/26: Heart Mate (Robin D. Owen) – review
- Tues. 10/27: Halloween Reading That Won’t Give You Nightmares – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 10/28: HoHoHo Readathon — Goals
- Wed. 10/28: In the Dragon’s Eye: Stars of Fortune – Waiting on Wednesday
- Thurs. 10/29: Newt’s Emerald (Garth Nix) – review
- Sat. 10/31: News & Notes: Halloween Edition – 10/31/15
- Sun. 11/01: Sunday Post – 11/01/15 – this post
This Week on the Blog
- Mon. 11/02: Marry Me at Christmas (Susan Mallery) – review
- Wed. 11/04: In the Dragon’s Eye: Winter – Waiting on Wednesday
- Thurs. 11/05: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer (Rick Riordan) – review
- Fri. 11/06: Garden of Lies (Amanda Quick) – review
- Sat. 11/07: News & Notes – 11/07/15
- Sun. 11/08: Sunday Post – 11/08/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
It wasn’t a great week for reading, for some reason. I’m still listening to The Night Circus occasionally. I read Newt’s Emerald (Garth Nix), and just last night I finished The Sword of Summer, the first book in Rick Riordan’s new Magnus Chase series.
I watched Gaudy Night, the last of the Lord Peter Wimsey/Harriet Vane series that I’ve been watching, and a few more episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine with Mr. Bookwyrm — a pretty average week, TV-wise.
New Additions to the Hoard
For Review Consideration
Avon Addicts box
A Ghostly Murder (Tonya Kappes), My American Duchess (Eloisa James), Broken (Cynthia Eden), The Match of the Century (Cathy Maxwell), Forbidden (Beverly Jenkins), Lady Bridget’s Diary (Maya Rodale) — and a fabulous tote bag! Thank you, Avon!!! Most of these are for review, plus 5 copies of Broken to give away.
Purchased for Kindle
Have a great week, everybody, and happy reading!