Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year.
Some of these — no, most of these — I’ve already read, but would like to have copies for my collection.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (J. K. Rowling, illustrated by Jim Kay) This illustrated version is gorgeous and I’m really hoping for a copy!
- Tower of Thorns (Blackthorn and Grim #2) (Juliet Marillier) My sister gave me the first book last Christmas, and it’s really good. Update 12/27/15: My sister gave me a Kindle copy. Yay!
- Unbound (Magic Ex Libris #3) (Jim C. Hines) I missed this one last year, and I really want to read it before the fourth and final book comes out in February.
- Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell & Sherlock Holmes series, by Laurie R. King) This came out last February, and I read an e-ARC, but I want a copy for my collection. Update 12/27/15: My wonderful husband gave me a copy for Christmas!
- The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russell & Sherlock Holmes series, by Laurie R. King) OK, so technically this can’t be under the tree because it won’t be published until spring, but someone could give me a preorder… pretty please?
- The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter (Marissa Meyer) I would dearly love to own these in hardcover. And I wouldn’t mind an advance copy of Stars Above, the forthcoming short-story collection in the same series.
- The Name of the Wind, The Wise Man’s Fear, and the as-yet-unfinished The Doors of Stone (Patrick Rothfuss) I’ve read the first two, and I have a very beat-up used paperback copy of the first one, but I would really like nice hardcovers for my collection. As for the third one, well… it’s not out yet. It’s not even finished yet. We’ve been waiting for almost four years, and it’s going to be a while longer… but it will be worth it. Rothfuss is incredible, arguably one of the best writers in fantasy today.
So what’s on your wish list this holiday season?