My Ten Most Recent Reads…
…in chronological order, beginning with the oldest and ending with the two books I’m currently reading.
- Storm Breaking (Mercedes Lackey) – reread
- Death Below Stairs (Jennifer Ashley) – reviewed
- A Soupçon of Poison (Jennifer Ashley) – reviewed
- Jackaby (William Ritter)
- The Unforgiven (Heather Graham; ARC) – review to come
- An Unexpected Peril (Deanna Raybourn) – reviewed
- Romancing the Duke (Tessa Dare) – reread
- From Spare Oom to War Drobe: Travels in Narnia with My Nine-Year-Old Self (Katherine Langrish; ARC) – review to come
- The Awakening (Nora Roberts) (currently reading)
- The Bookshop on the Corner (Jenny Colgan) – audiobook (currently listening)
I have been in a bit of a reading slump or rut for a while now. I’ve always been a rereader, but during the pandemic, I’ve been rereading even more than usual. It’s been hard to muster any enthusiasm for reading a new-to-me book, unless it was in a series I was already following, and sometimes even my familiar favorites didn’t hold much appeal. That slump seems to have finally broken with Death Below Stairs. I don’t know if my current new-to-me book binge is fueled by vaccine-induced hope or my usual springtime energy boost, but whatever the reason, I’m reveling in it!
I read all of these but the last two in the past two weeks (and half of the last two as well.) Jackaby, Death Below Stairs, and Romancing the Duke were read for book club, and I enjoyed all of them. In fact, all of these books have been fun and interesting, and I look forward to reviewing most of them.