Books Read – June 2022
Title links to go my reviews.
- Never Less Than a Lady (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Nowhere Near Respectable (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- No Longer a Gentleman (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Sometimes a Rogue (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Not Quite a Wife (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- No Longer a Saint (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Once a Soldier (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Once a Rebel (Mary Jo Putney) – DRC; reread
- Once a Scoundrel (Mary Jo Putney) – DRC; reread
- Once a Spy (Mary Jo Putney) – DRC; reread
- Once Dishonored (Mary Jo Putney) – reread
- Once a Laird (Mary Jo Putney) – DRC; reread
- A Psalm for the Wild-Built (Becky Chambers) (audiobook)
- Murder in Mesopotamia (Agatha Christie) – reread
- Remember Love (Mary Balogh) – ARC
- Sound of Darkness (Heather Graham) – ARC
- You Were Made to Be Mine (Julie Anne Long) – ARC
- Invisible Women (Caroline Criado Perez) (library audiobook)
- The Littlest Library (Poppy Alexander) – ARC
- Losing Ground (Catherine Aird) – reread
- Carry On (Celia Lake) – reread
- The Siren Of Sussex (Mimi Matthews)
As you can see, June was heavy on rereading. I binge-read my way through two linked series by Mary Jo Putney, all of which I had already read at least once before. This month’s #ReadChristie22 title was a reread, too. (Well, most of them are going to be. I’ve read nearly everything she wrote under her own name.) But I also managed to get through 4 ARCs as well as a couple of other books I have really wanted to read.
I’ve been pretty lax about writing reviews, though. But one review is scheduled for early July (The Littlest Library), and I am in the process of writing the remaining ARC reviews.
These are the books I read for various challenges, but I have not written or posted all the reviews yet, so they won’t all show up on my 2022 Challenges tracking page. For my reviews, see title links above.
Goodreads Challenge 2022: 22 books in June (titles listed above.) I am 15 books ahead of schedule for the year.
22 in 2022: 0 books in June. (FAIL!) We’re halfway through the year, and I have only read 5 of the 22 titles on my list. I really need to focus on these in the coming months.
Audiobook Challenge 2022: 2 books in June. (Invisible Women; A Psalm for the Wild-Built.) I have read 13 books out of my goal of 10-15 books for the year, so I’m doing really well.
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2022: 2 books in June. (Murder in Mesopotamia; Invisible Women.) I have read 15 books for this challenge so far this year, out of my goal of 24, so I’m a little ahead of schedule.
COYER Spring 2022: 20 books in June. (All of this month’s books except Once Dishonored and Losing Ground.) COYER Spring 2022 ran from April 1 through June 30, and I read 36 books in that time (but have only reviewed two.) Since my goal was 10 books for the season, I think I’ve done pretty darn well!
Library Love 2022: 2 books in June. (Invisible Women; The Siren of Sussex.) I have read 10 books for this challenge so far this year.
Read Christie 2022: 1 book in June. (Murder in Mesopotamia)