COYER now runs all year, and has built a whole community of readers and bloggers. For 2021, it has become 2 separate but connected challenges: COYER Seasons and COYER Community (the latter takes place mostly within the Facebook group.) I am participating in both all year.
The Spring Season runs from March 1 through June 23. The rules are slightly relaxed from the strict Winter rules:
- Format doesn’t matter anymore. You can still read your eBooks and audiobooks, but now you can also read physical books.
- The books must be free or nearly free… This includes review books, tour books, NetGalley, Edelweiss, etc. What’s nearly free? No more than $2 for eBooks and no more than $5 for Audiobooks and $5 for physical books(or the equivalent in your currency). This time library books (including Amazon Prime books) and borrowed books count… but still no Kindle Unlimited/Audible Plus, ebooks higher than $2, or physical books higher than $5.
- Announce your participation! This can be a blog post (or if you don’t have a blog – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, etc.) If you want to list books you would like to read, that’s great, but not necessary. The point is to let everyone know you’re committed to COYER Spring, maybe share some goals, and help spread the word.
- Link up! Link that post (not just your blog homepage) to the linky Michelle will share February 25th.
- Review & Link Reviews! Your review may be on your blog, Goodreads, etc. Link the review to the Review Linky (the same linky as Winter, but Michelle will start pulling winners after Winter reviews). When you post your review to the linky use the following format: Your Name @ Blog (if applicable): Book Title (e.g., “Michelle @ Because Reading: Twilight”).
- Follow & share reviews on Twitter. We’re going to try and use twitter a lot more this year (like we used to). Use #COYER on your posts and look for tweets with the hashtag.
- Visit Each Other, Chat & Have Fun!
The Spring Rules means a lot of my physical TBR will count, so I won’t be limited to Kindle books. I have a bookcase+ full of books I bought at the library booksale or from Book Outlet for under $5, plus a stack of gifted books. There’s also nothing in the rules about rereading, so as long as it’s a book I haven’t reviewed before, and it qualifies under the price rules, I should be able to review it and count it.
My goal is to read and review at least 5 books for COYER Spring 2021. I hope I do better this time than I did for last season, when I only managed to review one of the books I read for COYER Winter!