The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I’ve been in New Mexico with Robin, my mom and stepdad, and my sister since Monday, relaxing and getting ready for Christmas. Mr. Bookwyrm is flying in today; my brother-in-law got back from a business trip last night, and my niece and nephew and their respective significant others should be here within a few days. I am looking forward to being with all of them — and I’m really looking forward to seeing my husband, since I haven’t seen him in almost two weeks! Unfortunately, due to pressures at work, he has to return home in a week instead of staying two more weeks with Robin and me, so we’ll have to really soak up the time with him while he’s here.
Which means, of course, that I won’t be online very much this week. I’ve scheduled posts for this week, but there will be no News & Notes and probably no Sunday Post next weekend. And it may take me a while to answer comments – and I’ve got a backlog already! I’ll do my best to catch up in the weeks after Christmas.
May you have a joyous Christmas, if you celebrate it, and a wonderful week if you don’t!
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 12/14: The Rogue Not Taken (Sarah Maclean) – review
- Tues. 12/15: My Top Ten New Releases of 2015 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 12/16: The Heart of Christmas (anthology) – review
- Thurs. 12/17: Christmas Gifts (Mary Balogh) – review
- Fri. 12/18: The Joy of Advent: Daily Reflections from Pope Francis – review
- Sun. 12/20: Sunday Post – 12/20/15
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 12/21: Winter Solstice (Rosamunde Pilcher) – review
- Tues. 12/22: Ten Books I’d Love to Find Under the Tree – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 12/23: Last-Minute Gifts: Printable Bookmarks
- Thurs. 12/24: TBD
- Fri. 12/25: Merry Christmas!
- Sat. 12/26: Christmas Miracles (Mary Balogh) – review
- Sun. 12/27: Sunday Post 12/27/15 – very tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
Robin and I have been watching the Star Wars movies in preparation for The Force Awakens. The whole family will see it together on Monday night – so no spoilers, please!
As for reading, I’ve been pretty busy with family and Christmas preparations, but I’ve read Kaleidoscope (Dorothy Gilman) and Thread and Gone (Lea Wait – I’ll be on the blog tour in January.) Now I’m in the middle of Beverly Jenkins’s Forbidden (one of my Avon Addicts romances.)
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
Purchased or Free for Kindle
I also bought a bunch of Agatha Christie novels on sale (books I’ve read), so I can let go of some of the deteriorating paperbacks I bought several decades ago.