The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Yesterday was the winter solstice; there are just three more days until Christmas. I hope those of you who celebrate it are enjoying the preparations, and not stressing out too much!
We spent last weekend getting ready for another cross-country drive; we left Sunday and reached my parents’ house in New Mexico on Tuesday night, after three 10-hour days of driving. Finally, we’re with Robin again after four months apart. In some ways it feels like she’s never been away, but there’s a confidence and happiness in her that we haven’t seen before. She’s definitely found the right college for her!
Since Wednesday, we’ve been “soaking up” family every moment we can. My sister lives about a mile from my parents, so there’s lots of catching up to do. We’ll be here through next Saturday, when we drive to Texas to visit Mr. Bookwyrm’s sister and her family. A few days after the New Year, we’ll head home to give Robin a chance to see her friends before she goes back to college.
All of the travel and visiting (plus packing, Christmas shopping, and wrapping) has left me without a lot of time for keeping up with the blog. Luckily, I had a few posts scheduled out, but I’m way behind on answering comments, and posts will probably be a little sparse between now and mid-January, when Robin goes back to college. Meanwhile, please be patient; I promise I haven’t forgotten all my blogging friends!
Wishing all of you the happiest of holidays! Joyous Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and a very happy New Year!
The last two weeks on the blog:
- Mon. 12/09: Review: Candlight Christmas by Susan Wiggs
- Tues. 12/10/: Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Winter TBR List
- Wed. 12/11: Gifts for Book Lovers – 2013 edition
- Sat. 12/14: News & Notes – 12/14/13 – Maya Angelou’s tribute poem honoring Nelson Mandela, Pew report on libraries, 10 signs you’re a book blogger, book lists, and recipes for a Lord of the Rings marathon, and more.
- Sun. 12/15: The Secrets of Smaug the Dragon (infographic)
- Mon. 12/16: Review: The Last Chance Knit & Stitch by Hope Ramsay
- Thurs. 12/19: Review: The Yarn Whisperer by Clara Parkes
- Sat. 12/21: News & Notes – 12/21/13 – Rowling working on a Harry Potter stage play; obituaries for Janet Dailey, Lila Perl, and Nick Vizzini; a public library finds a Dickens first edition in its collection; censorship and surveillance; the year’s best books on writing and creativity; and more.
The coming week:
- Mon. 12/22: Movie Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- Tues. 12/10/: Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Like Santa to Bring Me
- Remainder of the week to be determined
New additions to the hoard: