The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
As we all know, this was a difficult week — for us here in the US, with the bombings in Boston and the fertilizer plant explosion that flattened much of West, Texas, but also for other countries: China suffered a major earthquake, while Baghdad experienced the deadly bombing of a cafe. So many lives lost, so many injured or mourning loved ones…
At times this week, it seemed almost frivolous to go on with my everyday life in the midst of so much tragedy. But truthfully, there is little I can do directly for the people in Boston, West, Baghdad, or China except pray and donate to disaster-assistance charities. What I can do is live my life fully and joyfully, bringing as much happiness and love into the lives of those around me as I can in hopes that they will spread it further still. It’s my small way of lighting a candle against the darkness, perhaps.
The past week on the blog:
- Tues. 4/16: Top Ten Tuesday: Childhood Favorites
- Wed. 4/17: The Sweetest Dark, by Shana Abe (review)
- Thurs. 4/18: Throw Out Fifty Things, by Gail Blanke (review)
- Fri. 4/19: Reverse Author Interview with Kendare Blake — thinking about the future of bookstores, and my most hated character
- Sat. 4/20: News & Notes 4/20/13 — ebook and ereader news, new blogger review program from Open Road Media, 2013 Pulitzer Prize list and 2012 most-challenged-books list
The coming week:
- Tues. 4/16: Top Ten Tuesday:
- Sat. 4/06: News & Notes
- reviews of The River of No Return, The Rose Throne, and Ten Reasons to Stay
Bought at the Friends of the Library book sale: