Sharing the same reading tastes with other members of your family is a joy, but it comes with its funny moments. On Wednesday, my daughter said to me, “It’s disconcerting when your mom reads the same blogs you do. I was reading one of the comments on the Book Smuggler’s blog, and I thought, ‘I would like this person,” and then I thought, ‘Mom would like this person’ — and then I realized it was you!”
I’m really going to miss her when she goes off to college — we love so many of the same books that we can have really geeky fanfests about them. Luckily, I’ve discovered the wonderful world of book bloggers — lots of people who love to talk about books. I appreciate each and every one of you I’ve met so far, and look forward to meeting a lot more of you!
The past week on the blog:
- Tues. 3/05: Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Want to Read But Haven’t Started Yet
- Wed. 3/06: Airs Above the Ground, a classic romantic-suspense novel by Mary Stewart (review)
- Fri. 3/08: The Nightmare Affair, by Mindee Arnett (review)
- Sat. 3/09: News & Notes
I also added a LinkyFollowers widget. (Look for it in the sidebar, just below the GFC Followers widget.) I know that not everyone has a Google Friends Connect account, so this offers another option for following my blog. LinkyFollowers is a free service that lets you follow all your favorite blogs in one place and even group them into categories.
The coming week:
- Review of The Vow, by Kim & Krickitt Carpenter
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR list!
- Review of Spellbinding by Maya Gold (forthcoming)
- Review of JoAnne Ross’s Sea Glass Winter
- News & Notes
- and a few other goodies.