The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Tonight is the night of our spring concert — “our” being the children’s and teen choruses I direct. The kids have worked hard and they’re going to do really well! As you can imagine, getting ready has been my focus this week, so I didn’t get quite as much blogging done as I’d hoped. I finished both the books I had planned to review, but didn’t get the reviews finished.
The past week on the blog:
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
- Clean Sweep ARC Challenge announcement
- News & Notes: Links to news on ebook pricing, DRM, library ebooks, and more; a new Kobo e-reader; copyright basics for authors; a list of children’s chapter books.
The coming week:
- Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun
- News & Notes
- reviews of Clockwork Mafia (Seleste DeLaney) and The Apple Orchard (Susan Wiggs)
I joined the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge for May, hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and Kimberly at The Windy Pages. Since May 1, I’ve read three ARCs (well, one was a review copy of a book that’s already been published, but only recently), and I’ve started another.
I’m also participating in the NetGalley Challenge sponsored by Red House Books, which runs all year. So far this month, I’ve finished three NetGalley books. (By a strange coincidence, they’re the very same ones!) I’ll post titles in early June.
I just don’t know when to stop, do I? I have no idea why I thought I’d have time to read these this month. I haven’t even finished the stack of library books from last month. (I haven’t even started last month’s stack!) Thank heaven for unlimited renewals (as long as no one else requests the book, anyway!)