The Sunday Post is a meme sponsored by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
The big news is that Robin is off at the Alpha writer’s workshop! We dropped her off Wednesday. So far it sounds as if she’s having a great time — and keeping very, very busy. They’ve had two days of sessions with author Theodora Goss. Next up are husband and wife Scott Westerfeld and Justine Larbalatier, and the conference will close with Tamora Pierce. After that, most of the teen writers are staying on for a few more days for a less-formal extension of the conference.
Mr. Bookwyrm and I joke that while Robin is at the workshop, we’re having “empty nest boot camp.” In a way, it is a chance to get used to having her away from home — though in truth we had plenty of experience with that a few years ago, when she stayed with her grandparents for three to six weeks at a time to work with her vision therapist. Nonetheless, the house seems very quiet without her, these last few days.
Still, I’ve got plenty to keep me busy, between the blog, choosing music for the fall choral season, and trying to get a website up and running for my indexing business! Mr. Bookwyrm and I have also started thinking about things we’d like to do together this fall. There will be several book festivals within driving distance, as well as a fiber festival that also has sheepdog competitions (and yummy food!) Nearer in time and closer to home, we’re headed this week to a local museum we’ve never visited, the home of an American artist.
The past week on the blog:
- Review: Four in Hand by Stephanie Laurens
- Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Movie Adaptations
- Review: Steadfast by Mercedes Lackey
- News & Notes -7/13/13
The coming week:
- To DNF or not to DNF: When does giving up make sense?
- Top Ten Tuesday – Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
- News & Notes -7/20/13
- Reviews: The Mysterious Woman; Gameboard of the Gods
New additions to the hoard:
- The Arrangement (Survivors’ Club #2), by Mary Balogh (thanks to Goodreads First Reads and the good folks at Dell)
- Dragonwriter: A Tribute to Anne McCaffrey and Pern, edited by Todd McCaffrey (thanks to Smart Pop and NetGalley)
- A Seaside Christmas (Chesapeake Shores), by Sherryl Woods (thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley)
I’m super-excited about all three of these!
Bought or Downloaded Free for My E-reader: