The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
It was a kind of quiet week, in part because I was down with a cold for most of it. However, I seem to be pretty much over it at this point – hurray! Our neighbor’s grandmother passed away on Friday, so yesterday I baked pumpkin bread and made a few quiches to take to them. I’ve also been working on choosing music for my choruses to sing in their fall concert. I’m a little over half-way there – I still need one more piece for my younger ones and two for my teens. I’m hoping to finalize that this afternoon.
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 9/14/15: The Nesting Place (Myquillyn Smith) (review)
- Tues. 9/15/15: Top Ten Authors on My Autoread List (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. 9/16/15: A Curious Beginning (Deanna Raybourn) (review)
- Fri. 9/18/15: Her Lucky Cowboy (Jennifer Ryan) (review)
- Sat. 9/19/15: News & Notes – 9/19/15
- Sun. 9/20/15: Sunday Post – 9/20/15
Next Week on the Blog
- Mon. 9/21/15: (TBD)
- Tues. 9/22/15: Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Wed. – Thur. (TBD)
- Fri. 9/25/15: Evergreen Springs (RaeAnne Thayne) (early review)
- Sat. 9/26/15: News & Notes – 9/19/15
- Sun. 9/27/15: Sunday Post – 9/20/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
I finished A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn (and loved it – see my review!), RaeAnne Thayne’s Evergreen Springs, and Linda Lael Miller’s Christmas in Mustang Creek – the latter two are holiday books that the publisher requested me to review before the Sept. 29 publication date. I’m currently reading Willow Brook Road (Sherryl Woods), Closer to Home (Mercedes Lackey – a re-read to refresh my memory before the sequel comes out), Forever Your Earl (Eva Leigh), and Move Your Blooming Corpse (D. E. Ireland). (Yes, I know that’s a lot – I had to put a few of them on pause because the Lackey has to go back to the library and the Ireland mystery will be published on Tuesday.) And I’m still listening to The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern, read by Jim Dale.)
We finished the Great Harry Potter Rewatch – movies 5 through 8, and another ST:DS9 episode. On my own, I watched an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
From the Library:
Purchased for Kindle