Happy New Year! It’s 2020! We’ve had a wonderful Christmas vacation in New Mexico with my parents, our Robin, and my sister’s family. Now we’re headed home — time to get back to work and start on our New Year’s resolutions. I have several. I want to declutter the house (I say it every year, but this year I am determined to make a significant dent.) I want to get more exercise and get more (and better) sleep. And I want to spend less time online, and more doing real things (reading, creating, spending time with Mr. Bookwyrm, family, and friends.
I have book-related resolutions, too, of course, and I’ll talk about those in a future post.
Last Week on the Blog
- 2019 Is Almost Over! (Sunday Post – 12/29/2019)
- The RWA Debacle
- My Favorite Books of 2019 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Challenges I’m Joining in 2019
- 2019 Challenge Wrap-Up
- News & Notes – 1/04/2020
- Sunday Post – 1/05/2020 – this post
This Week on the Blog
- The Vanishing (Jayne Ann Krentz) – review (publisher tour)
- Most Anticipated Book Releases for the First Half of 2020 – Top Ten Tuesday, tentative
- The Backlist Reader Challenge 2019: Conclusion and Giveaway Winner
- News & Notes – 1/11/2020 – tentative
- Sunday Post – 1/12/2020 – tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
Reading: I finished rereading Take a Thief by Mercedes Lackey, but that’s all I have read this week. Honestly, I’ve been having so much fun with my family (and working on end-of-year blog posts and tasks) that I haven’t had a lot of time to read. Hopefully that will change once I get back to “normal” life. (Click the title for my review, written several years ago.)
Listening: Once I get home, I plan to start listening again to The Wilhelm Conspiracy, the second book in the “Sherlock Holmes and Lucy James” series.
Watching: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (first 4 episodes), which is really good. I plan to keep watching it. We also watched two movies I had never seen: Whale Rider and Deadpool. And I’m looking forward to more Warehouse 13 when we get home.
Playing: Pounce (a fast-paced card game — think multiplayer, highly-competitive double solitaire on steroids) and Carcassonne, a strategy board game.
Added to the Hoard
Purchased (Kindle, print, or audio)
Have a great week, and a very happy New Year!