The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
Our concert is this afternoon! I think we’re ready. The kids are, anyway — I’m not entirely sure I am! But hopefully everything will go fine.
I spend all week working hard on a project which I turned in on Friday (yay!) Now on to the next one, interspersed (hopefully!) with catching up on blog comments (I am so behind!), reviewing the books I read during the HoHoHo Readathon, and getting ready for Thanksgiving.
Tasha came home from the vet on Monday. She’s happy to be home, and she’s had a pretty good week, but she’s not eating the canned food the vet recommended; she seems to prefer her dry kibble, though she’s probably not eating enough of it. And she meows a lot, though it seems mostly for attention rather than pain. We are giving her lots of love and cherishing the time we have with her. There’s no way to know how fast the cancer will spread, but it’s known to be aggressive. (If you missed last week’s post, it’s not really operable; it’s on the underside of her tongue and has probably already spread.)
Last Week on the Blog
- Tues. 11/17: Closer to the Heart (Mercedes Lackey) – review
- Wed. 11/18: HoHoHo Readathon Wrap-Up
- Fri. 11/20: Siren’s Call (Jayne Castle) – review
- Sat. 11/21: News & Notes – 11/21/15
- Sun. 11/22: Sunday Post – 11/22/15
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 11/23: COYER Goals – challenge sign-up
- Mon 11/23: Willow Brook Road (Sherryl Woods) – review
- Tues. 11/24: – TTT Thanksgiving Freebie – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 11/25: In the Dragon’s Eye: Lord Dashwood Missed Out – W.O.W.
- Thurs. 11/26: Happy Thanksgiving!
- Fri. 11/27: Books on a Budget – tentative
- Sat. 11/28: News & Notes – 11/28/15
- Sun. 11/29: Sunday Post – 11/29/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
Because of all the stress this week, I wasn’t sleeping well, so I got a lot of books read — I even managed to get a little ahead of schedule on my Goodreads Challenge! I finished Winter (omigosh, it was wonderful! I need to write up my review), then plowed through all three books in Sarah Morgan’s Snow Crystal trilogy: Sleigh Bells in the Snow, Suddenly Last Summer, and Maybe This Christmas, plus a Lady Emily short story by Tasha Alexander, The Star of the East. I also read a few more Catherine Aird mysteries: A Going Concern and Slight Mourning. I’m currently reading Cathy Maxwell’s The Match of the Century. Dreamer’s Pool (Juliet Marillier) is on hold while I get through that one and a few more ARCs.
I’m still listening to The Night Circus, but because I’ve been so busy with work, I haven’t gotten much farther. And TV was pretty much a bust this week, as I had no free time other than when I was supposed to be sleeping.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
Many thanks to DAW!
Purchased or Free
- For Kindle: The Mind of the Maker ($1.99)*
- Print: The Cat on my Shoulder: Writers and Their Cats (used)
*text links go to Amazon