The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
Last Sunday’s concert went really well, and the instrumentalists were fantastic — they took my breath away! But we were all very aware of Orlando. We tried to bring some beauty and joy back into the world through our music: to light a candle against the darkness.
Since then, I’ve been pretty much head down in the indexing, working 10- to 13-hour days. My thumb and wrist hurt again from all the typing and mousing! I’ve got one project due Monday, and another on Wednesday… then two more by June 6 and 10, respectively. Luckily, I’m able to really focus this weekend. Robin is house- and pet-sitting this weekend for two dogs, two very hefty cats, and about 11 chickens. And we’re putting off Father’s Day until next weekend; we’ll celebrate along with Mr. Bookwyrm’s birthday.
Lots of you voted on what I should read for the Make Me Read It Readathon — thank you! Voting is still open; the readathon doesn’t start until July 9, by which time I will be almost done with all these indexing projects. I’m looking forward to the readathon; it will be a great way to de-stress from almost four weeks of pretty intense work pressure.
Last Week on the Blog
- Sun. 6/12: Make a Joyful Noise! (Sunday Post 6/12/16)
- Mon. 6/13: The Invisible Library (Genevieve Cogman) – review
- Tues. 6/14: 12 New Releases I Can’t Wait to Read (July-Dec. 2016) – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 6/15: Make Me Read It! (a read-a-thon) – Come vote on what I’m going to read!
- Fri. 6/17: TOUR: Tea Cups and Carnage (Lynn Cahoon) – review & tour-wide giveaway
- Sat. 6/18: News & Notes 6/18/16 – Lois Duncan’s death, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Tony acceptance sonnet, and a lot more interesting stuff
- Sun. 6/19: Sunday Post – 6/19/16 – this post
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 6/20: Lost and Found (Jayne Ann Krentz)
- Tues. 6/21: 12 Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year – Top Ten Tuesday – very tentative
- Wed. 6/22: TBD
- Thur. 6/23: Once a Soldier (Mary Jo Putney) – tentative
- Fri. 6/24: TOUR: Riverbend Road (RaeAnne Thayne) – review & giveaway!
- Sat. 6/25: News & Notes 6/25/16 – tentative
- Sun. 6/26: Sunday Post 6/26/16
What I’m Reading/Watching
I read Dead Heading, a Sloan and Crosby mystery by Catherine Aird (purchased), Hot in Hellcat Canyon (Julie Anne Long; #AvonAddicts), which was a lot of fun, and both Hidden Star and Captive Star (Nora Roberts; purchased.) I’m currently reading Secret Star, the third book in the trilogy. Sometime this week I’ll probably read Chasing Lady Amelia (Maya Rodale; #AvonAddicts ARC.)
I’m still watching Avatar: The Last Airbender; I started season 2 a few weeks ago but haven’t gotten far (see remark above re: lack of time!)
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
For Review or Review Consideration
Thank you to Kensington, Avon, and Bantam!
Purchased for Kindle
I read A Kiss of Fate and The Lord God Made Them All years ago, but I don’t really need to keep my paperback copies. The others are new to me, although I read Captive Star last night when I couldn’t sleep. Robin read Every Heart a Doorway the night I bought it and loved it. (I bought it as much or more for her as for me.)
Have a wonderful week, and happy reading!