The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I’ve been with my dad and stepmother in Utah since Tuesday, having a low-key but enjoyable visit (other than a cold that crept up on me Thursday night; I haven’t shaken it yet.) Tomorrow I leave for New Mexico, where I’ll meet up with Robin at my mom and stepdad’s. Mr. Bookwyrm will join us there next weekend for a family Christmas – my sister and her family live in the same town. It’s going to be lovely!
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 12/07: DIY Bookmarks
- Tues. 12/08: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors of 2015 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Fri. 12/11: The Martian: A book-and-movie review
- Sat. 12/12: News & Notes – 12/12/15
- Sun. 12/13: Sunday Post – 12/13/15 (this post)
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 12/14: The Rogue Not Taken (Sarah Maclean) – review
- Tues. 12/15: My Top Ten Books of 2015 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 12/16: The Heart of Christmas (anthology) – review
- Thurs. 12/17: Christmas Gifts (Mary Balogh) – review
- Fri. 12/18: TBD
- Sat. 12/19: News & Notes – 12/19/15
- Sun. 12/20: Sunday Post – 12/20/15
What I’m Reading/Watching
I’ve read a fair bit this week — travel, vacation, and a cold will do that to you! My favorite new-to-me book for the week is Sarah Maclean’s The Rogue Not Taken, but I also enjoyed Tessa Dare’s short novella, Lord Dashwood Missed Out. Both writers share a talent for blending humor and emotion. Much as I love Mary Balogh, I was a bit uncomfortable with parts of the first book in A Christmas Bride/Christmas Beau, but the second made up for it a bit. And I reread two Catherine Aird mysteries, Passing Strange and A Late Phoenix. All the reading put me over the top in my Goodreads Reading Challenge – 182 books, 2 more than I planned to read, and I’ve still got 18 days to go.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
Many thanks to Kensington and Sourcebooks Landmark!
Purchased or Free for Kindle