The Sunday Post is hosted by the wonderful Kimba, the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news, recap the past week, take a look ahead, and showcase our new treasures – I mean books!
I hope you had a wonderful week and that your Christmas, if you celebrate it, was delightful!
We had a terrific week with Mr. Bookwyrm here, and a lovely double Christmas. Christmas Day was just the immediate family: my mom and stepdad, Mr. Bookwyrm, Robin, and me. On Boxing Day (yesterday) we all spent the day at my sister’s house, along with dear family friends who are as close as family. We had a second Christmas dinner and another round of presents, plus plenty of conversation, laughter, and games.
Winter Storm Goliath blew in yesterday afternoon with snow and howling winds. We weren’t sure whether flights would be making it out today or not, but it looks like the answer is yes. . . which means we’ll be taking Mr. Bookwyrm down to Albuquerque to catch a flight home today. I’ll stay here with Robin until it’s time for her to go back to college, then fly home. Originally my husband planned to take the next two weeks off and stay here, but “best laid plans” and all that: pressures at work and a looming deadline on a project meant he has to cut his vacation short. I hope to make it up to him later this spring!
Last Week on the Blog
- Mon. 12/21: Winter Solstice (Rosamunde Pilcher) – review
- Tues. 12/22: Ten Books I’d Love to Find Under the Tree – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 12/23: Last-Minute Gifts: Printable Bookmarks
- Fri. 12/25: Merry Christmas!
- Sat. 12/26: Christmas Miracles (Mary Balogh) – review
- Sun. 12/27: Sunday Post 12/27/15
Upcoming on the Blog
- Mon. 12/28: Blogger Shame Review Challenge (2016) – goals
- Tues. 12/29: My Most Anticipated Releases for January–June 2016 – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wed. 12/30: 2015 Year-End Challenge Wrap-Up
- Thur. 12/31: 2015 Resolutions Revisited
- Fri. 1/01: Happy New Year!
- Sat. 1/02: News & Notes 1/02/16 – tentative
- Sun. 1/03: Sunday Post 1/03/16 – tentative
What I’m Reading/Watching
We saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Monday — it was wonderful! Much better than the prequels, in my opinion, and possibly as good as the original trilogy of my teen years (IV, V, and VI.) Other than that, I’m not going to say anything, in deference to those of you who haven’t seen it yet.
I haven’t had a lot of time for reading, because I’ve been enjoying spending time with Mr. Bookwyrm and the rest of my family. I put Beverly Jenkins’s Forbidden on hold while I reread the Hathaways series by Lisa Kleypas — something familiar and therefore easy to put aside when other things were going on.
New Additions to the Hoard
Cover links take you to Goodreads.
The three on top are new to me; Dreaming Spies and Closer to the Heart are books I’ve read in series I’m collecting.